In the Pacific Northwest, we don't live to work... we work to live! Produced by the Southwest Washington Central Labor Council, Working to Live in Southwest Washington gives working people in Southwest Washington and around the world discussions with decision-makers and everyday folks who help make the lower left corner of the Evergreen State a great place to live... and work!
Saturday Jun 11, 2022
Saturday Jun 11, 2022
It's election time again here in Southwest Washington. How do we know? Well, the number of political signs has exploded and Labor has put out its endorsements for candidates running for office (https://www.thestand.org/2022/05/wslc-makes-2022-election-endorsements/.)
But how does organized Labor pick candidates to endorse... and why are unions involved in the political process at all?
Shannon and Harold sit down with Shaun Gundert and Shawn Nyman, who chair the political committees for the Southwest Washington Central Labor Council and Cowlitz Wahkiakum Central Labor Council, to pull back the curtain on the endorsement process and let you know who Labor is endorsing for the upcoming August 2nd primary, including
- Patty Murray for US Senate: https://pattymurray.com/
- Marie Glusenkamp Perez for US Representative (Congressional District 3:) https://marieforcongress.com/
- Steve Hobbs for Washington Secretary of State: https://www.electhobbs.com/
- Mary Yu, Barbara Madsen, and Helen Whitener for State Supreme Court
AND FIVE UNION MEMBERS running for the Washington House of Representatives:
- Terri Niles: https://www.facebook.com/ElectTerriNiles/
- Joe Kear: https://www.joekear.com/
- John Zingale: https://www.electjohnzingale.com/
- Duncan Camacho: https://www.duncanforstatehouse.com/
- Monica Stonier: https://www.facebook.com/ElectMonicaStonier
Don't write this election off because it's a "mid term" election, working people - make sure you're registered to vote at https://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/register.aspx
Remember working people in Southwest Washington, this is YOUR podcast! Email us at email@example.com and let us know what you think about the show, and what you'd like to hear in future episodes!
We're a proud member of the Labor Radio Podcast Network - find more radio shows and podcasts that speak to working people about working people's issues at www.LaborRadioNetwork.org.